All members are required to watch the induction video before using the studio.
Self Test Studio
One of the benefits of being a part of Equity New Zealand is support with your career through professional development and initiatives like the Self Test Studio. The Self Test Studio is designed for Equity members to record a self test in a professional environment, AND it’s completely free for members to use!
How to use the studio
Once you’ve watched the video, make a booking online.
- The hours of operation are: Mon-Fri 9.30am-4.30pm.
- Bookings are for 45 mins.
- Visit https://www.equityfoundation.org.au/self-testing/ to make a booking online. Have your membership card (or number) handy when booking.
- Only financial members of Equity New Zealand are eligible to use the Studio. To check your membership please contact the office on 0800 33 44 70 or email email@example.com
- Cancellations must be made within a 24 hour notice period.
- No-shows will be unable to register again for a period of 1 month.
Extra help with Self Testing
- Self Test Project: For further support with Self Testing, apply for the Self Test Project. This initiative pairs members with top casting directors around the world who will view and provide feedback on self tests you provide them. The project is open to a different age group every month. Register once and you will be in the running for selection you’re your age bracket is up next. More info here: http://www.equityfoundation.org.au/self-test-project/the-self-test-project.html
- Basic ‘How to’ videos: With the Equity Foundation’s Self-Test Studio up and running, it’s time to finesse your skills before sending that video off to the casting director. Pearl Tan of Pearly Productions has produced several quick and easy “How To” videos that take you through some of the basics: